Monday, December 3, 2012

Tips & Toes Dramatic Gel Eyeliner Review, Swatches & EOTD

Tips & Toes Dramatic Gel Eyeliner Review, Swatches & EOTD

Hey Everyone!
Chennai's weather is getting sillier day by day. I am currently having a love-hate relationship with the weather over here. Sometimes it is cold, sometimes hot and sometimes, it is raining. The next day it is Mr.sun's rule. Uff :O C'mmon chennai, I want only rain not the sun :( Okay let us come to the topic now. Today, I am going to review the Tips & Toes Dramatic Gel Eyeliner which I got a month ago. I am bored of liquid, pencil and pen eyeliners hence was very excited to try this one when I got it at first. Let me share my experience with this eyeliner with you all in this review.

Tips & Toes Dramatic Gel Eyeliner

Tips & Toes Gel Eyeliner Review, Tips & Toes Eyeliner Review, Tips & Toes Black Eyeliner Review


What does the Tips & Toes Dramatic Gel Eyeliner Claims?:
  • Extreme Black
  • Water Proof
  • Long Lasting
  • Specially designed flat brush

Price and Quantity: Rs.250 for 2ml

Usage Directions:
Dip the brush in the gel provided & apply on the lash line from the inner to outer corner of the eyes.
After every use, clean the brush properly and replace it back.

Results: You get a dark, striking and dramatic look.

Shade: Black

Shelf life: 2 years



My Experience with Tips & Toes Dramatic Gel Eyeliner:


Packaging: This black eye liner comes in a mini glass tub (One rupee coin sized) with a screw open black lid. The lid consists of another sleek screw type opening at the top, where the applicator is located. The brush is flat and is of good quality. The packaging makes the product convenient to use, study and travel friendly. As the brush is stored over the top of the lid itself, it is easy to carry the product anywhere; thus there are less possibilities we miss the brush. This gel eyeliner is placed inside a thin plastic sheeted outer carton. I simply like the packaging; no complaints.



The flat brush applicator:


Colour, Consistency, Texture & Pigmentation: This is a dark black gel eyeliner which is creamy, smooth and shine free. Though being smooth and creamy, it settles into a matte finish (but not powdery). The pigmentation part is really good that you only need a single swipe to get that dark black colour.

Swatches:


How it works: I apply this gel eyeliner on my upper lash line as instructed and I could say that the applicator brush makes it easy to use even for gel eyeliner beginners. It dries in a jiffy and hence, no mess. The only thing I felt odd about this eyeliner is the flat and thick brush. Flat is alright for me but the brush is a bit thick thus causing the inability of drawling thin lines on my lash line. However I can use it to line my eyes thick and beautiful for parties and occasions. I haven't tried this over my waterline or lower lash line yet. The staying power of this gel eyeliner impressed me a lot for the price; It stays for 8 hours very well without any fading and after that, fades a little. Sometimes I even manage to wear it 10+ hours and it stays very well. It is water resistant and waterproof as per the claims.
                 Unless you rub your eyes so vigorously when it is wet, it wouldn't fade off at all. Overall, I am happy with this gel eyeliner as it fulfils most of my wishes for an eyeliner. It is dark black, hence suitable for everyday usage. It stays for a long time and doesn't fade due to sweat, hence makes a good rainy season wear as all. Even though the quantity of 2ml is very less, I wouldn't regret buying it for the worth. A single tub would last for 2 months with regular usage. The sooner you finish is better because it might get dried off being a gel liner.

EOTD with Tips & Toes Dramatic Gel Eyeliner:
(Ignore my messy untrimmed eyebrows please)


PROS of Tips & Toes Dramatic Gel Eyeliner

  • Gives a dark black finish
  • Smooth, creamy and glides on easily over the lash line
  • Dries very quickly hence you don't need to sit under fan.
  • Makes a great daily wear eyeliner
  • Reasonable price
  • Easily available
  • Water resistant and water proof as claimed
  • Stays more than 8 hours without fading
  • Doesn't sting eyes
  • The applicator brush provided is of good quality
  • Settles into a beautiful non-powdery matte finish
  • Travel friendly and easy to use packaging


CONS of Tips & Toes Dramatic Gel Eyeliner

  • Only one shade available and that is black; I want more shades!
  • You cannot draw thin lines with the brush provided, but then it is not a big con for me. 


Makeup and Beauty Home Rating: 4.5/5


Do I Recommend Tips & Toes Dramatic Gel Eyeliner?: Ofcourse yes! If you are a daily black eyeliner wearer, get one for you and you will love it. Oily eyelids and sweaty people may also like it as it is true to its claims of being waterproof.


Would I Repurchase Tips & Toes Dramatic Gel Eyeliner?: Why not? I will do until I find a better eyeliner with an affordable price tag similar to this.


Have you tried Tips & Toes Dramatic Gel Eyeliner? 



No comments :

Post a Comment