Tuesday, September 11, 2012

How to Use Your Lipstick as Blush? Tutorial & FOTD

Hello damsels! Good Evening.
I am totally in love with the weather here. It is neither too cold, nor hot but just moderately cold with romantic breezes everywhere. From morning, I was searching some online shopping sites for a peachy pink blush for my dusky-dark skin. To be frank, I am blush beginner and I guess it will turn into a kind of addiction soon. :)
    While searching for blushes, I suddenly got a thought 'Why not to use lipstick as blush?' and that's it! I started surfing over net about the same. I came across few interesting posts where girls use their lipstick as blush but I was a little confused that using thick lipsticks might clog the pores. My another doubt was that how come a lipstick blend much easily as a cream blush. After 2 hours of experimenting, I finally found the way now :) I am glad to share with you all, the tricks of using your lipstick as blush today. Go ahead!

lipstick as blush




Tricks for Using Your Lipstick as Blush


Choose the Right Shade
Unlike the cream blushes, lipsticks are more pigmented and thick. So make sure to swatch them on your wrist and choose the perfect shade for you. If you wish to mix and match with two or more shades, go ahead but make sure that the lipsticks you choose for blushing are from a good brand those never caused you any allergy.

Better Go for Glossy Lipsticks
Instead of picking the matte ones, go for some sheer glossy sheer lipsticks as these are easy to blend smoothly. If you go with matte, you will have a hard time blending it and that too with streaky, patchy finish. I haven't chosen a  glossy lipstick, but picked one pink-fuchsia one from Deborah Milano with no shimmers or glitters. I was wearing a pink chudi today and hence to match with that, I did chose this lippy.


Steps:


  • Cleanse your face with a gentle makeup removing cleanser and pat dry. 

  • Apply your moisturizer. If you have oily skin, go for a water based or gel based moisturizer whereas dry skin types can use a creamy one. You shouldn't skip moisturizing before using your lipstick as your blush because the blending happens with ease and gives a smooth finish in proper moisturized skin. In this FOTD, I am not wearing anything other than my moisturizer on my facial skin, so please bear with the imperfections. I tried to make this look more simple and natural and hence I skipped foundation, concealer, compact and such.

  • Now comes the blushing part. If you have oily skin, squeeze a small quantity of your makeup primer on your palm. Dry skinned beauties can use your regular moisturizer of even a baby lotion. Now with your clean finger tips, dab the lipstick a little and mix it with your primer/lotion. This is your cream blush now!

  • Dot your cream blush (made of lipstick + primer/moisturizer) on the apples of your cheek as shown in the below picture. I am not an expert at blushing so if you have any better idea, go for that. Just dotting and blending works perfectly for me. After dotting, blend the blush gently till your skin absorbs it. You can apply some more for heavier colour pay off however a subtle shade would do best for everyday use. Here in this FOTD, I used the blush a bit more to get captured well in the photos.



  • That's it! You're all done now. Pair it up with your favorite lipstick (Or the same lipstick you used for your blush? I am not sure) and top it up with a glossy lip gloss. I have used one of my favorite pink-fuchsia shaded, Deborah Milano Rossetto 24OREpowder Long Lasting Lipstick in Shade 07 my as blush here; and the same lipstick on the lips with Faces Glam Lip Gloss Shade 044 on top. If you wish, you can pat your face with a compact to avoid the semi-dewy look of your lipstick blush however I preferred a natural FOTD here, so avoided any compact touch ups here though I have a little oily skin.



Note: I didn't use my primer here so I first tried to mix my lipstick with a facial moisturizer to use it the similar way we use cream blushes but this ended up in giving a over dewy finish on my normal-oily skin. So if you're oily skinned, better go for a water based moisturizer or a water based skin gel. I have used the Prakriti Herbals Rose Aloe Vera Soothing Gel here.


Products Used for this FOTD


Okay now comes some more pictures :) Hope I am not scaring you anyone.




Add caption




This lipstick-blush stays well for 5-8 hours depending on the pigmentation and staying power of the lipstick you use to make your blush and gets easily removed with a baby lotion or your regular makeup cleanser.


Hope you liked this tutorial on how to use your lipstick as blush.
Do share your comments and feedback below! I am waiting to hear now!


No comments :

Post a Comment